DMEP Christmas concert 15.12.19 – arrangements
DMEP Christmas Concert Arrangements for Sunday 15th December
Dear Performing Group Member & Parent/Guardian,
Our annual Family Christmas Concert is in An Grianán Theatre, Letterkenny, on Sunday, 15th December, at 5pm. It’s another sell-out so there should be a great atmosphere in the theatre.
Although the concert does not start until 5pm, the action starts earlier so that all the groups and performers get a chance to sound check at An Grianán and also practice getting on and off the stage. You should arrive at An Grianán 15 minutes before your stagecheck/soundcheck time. Here are the times (a stage manager will have the job of making sure we stick to these, you’ll get a ‘five minute warning’ J) –
SOUNDCHECK TIMES (summary) – Donegal Youth Orchestra 2pm – 3.15pm (then clear stage to sides/back); Donegal Youth Choir 3.30pm – 4pm; Evergreen 4pm – 4.15pm; Dungloe Junior Choir 4.15pm – 4.30pm (shorter if possible); Letterkenny Junior Choir 4.30pm – 4.45pm (earlier finish if possible)
Your conductors will keep you posted on what’s happening. Probably best to take seats (quietly!) in theatre auditorium while waiting for sound checks / stage checks. All members of Donegal Youth Orchestra should be available for sound check/rehearsal in theatre from 2pm – 3.15pm (and help with getting instruments, stands etc down from RCC from 1.40pm). Everyone should bring food/snacks with them for the afternoon.
We’re going to try using the theatre only this year until after the concert (rather than the RCC as well). Here is the allocation of rooms in the theatre –
Green room – Donegal Youth Choir
Conference room (ground floor) – Donegal Youth Orchestra can use this for instruments, bags etc
Dressing room – Dungloe Junior Choir
Dressing room – Letterkenny Junior Choir
Dressing room – Evergreen
Below is the concert schedule (may be subject to change). That’s followed by the details for each group.
5.05pm Intro – Martin McGinley
5.07pm Welcome – Anne McHugh, chief executive, Donegal ETB
5.12pm Dungloe Junior Choir
5.35pm Letterkenny Junior Choir
5.42pm Donegal Youth Choir
INTERVAL – 15 mins (Saxtet performing in foyer)
6.15pm Donegal Youth Orchestra
6.45pm Raffle/ presentations/ Geoffrey Browne, chairperson, Donegal ETB
7.05 Finale with DYO, choirs and audience – two Christmas carols (O Come All Ye Faithful; Silent Night)
Choirs go on stage from the dressing room side, and go off stage on the other side and then file back out behind the rear curtain (very quietly!)
Letterkenny Junior Choir –
- Soundcheck – arrive 4.15pm; soundcheck 4.30pm; off stage 4.45pm
- Performance – ready backstage 5.25pm, on stage 5.35pm
Dungloe Junior Choir –
- Soundcheck – arrive by 4pm; soundcheck 4.15pm; off-stage 4.30pm
- Performance – ready backstage 5pm; on stage 5.10pm; off-stage 5.20pm
- Soundcheck – arrive by 3.50pm; soundcheck 4pm; off-stage 4.15pm
- Performance – ready backstage 5.15pm; on stage 5.25pm; off-stage 5.35pm
Donegal Youth Choir –
- Soundcheck – arrive by 3.15pm; soundcheck 3.30pm; off-stage 4pm
- Performance – ready backstage 5.30pm; onstage 5.42pm; off stage 5.57pm. ALSO – finale: ready backstage 6.50pm; onstage (approx.) 7.05pm; offstage 7.20pm
Donegal Youth Orchestra –
- Soundcheck – arrive by 1.45pm; rehearsal onstage + soundchecks 2pm; off stage 3.15pm, clear stands/chairs to sides and back of stage
- Performance – be at theatre conference room by 4.45pm; backstage to help with stage set-up 5.55pm; onstage 6.15pm; finish 7.20pm
BUS PICK-UPS: 12.45pm LIDL car-park, Donegal Town & then via Ballybofey (one-way only)
IMPORTANT NOTE! As most parents / families traditionally attend the Christmas Concert, there is no RETURN transport provided after the concert. The concert will finish around 7.30pm.
All performers and families are invited to join us in the Regional Cultural Centre for some light refreshments AFTER the concert to mark the festive season and to show appreciation for your commitment to your performing group and to the DMEP throughout the year.
YOUR CHECKLIST FOR THE DAY OF THE CONCERT
- Please note you must bring a full packed lunch and enough snacks and drinks to last you throughout the afternoon and into the evening of the concert as you will not be allowed to
leave An Grianán Theatre to purchase food (unless you have a permission slip from your parents/ guardians)
- Dress for the concert is ALL BLACK, including shoes and socks/tights. In the spirit of Christmas we encourage the addition of some sparkles or a splash of red or green as part of your dress, or a Christmas jumper, and in the case of our Junior Choirs, don’t forget to bring your Santa Hat! We also ask that all members of the Saxtet also don their black gear for their performances in the theatre foyer. Sunglasses if needed!
- To all our instrumentalists, PLEASE PLEASE bring your own music stand as we don’t have so many to pick up the slack!
Get in contact if you have any queries. Enjoy the show! THE DMEP CREW