Donegal Junior Choir
Love singing? Want to have fun learning new songs? Eager to perform in great venues? Joining one of our Junior Choirs around the County is the perfect way to do all this.
Who we are, what we do & the benefits
- Established by Donegal Music Education Partnership (DMEP), our Junior Choirs aim to encourage and develop young voices in a fun and enjoyable way while providing unique learning opportunities.
- Fundamental vocal techniques and musicianship are taught through singing different styles of music including World music (eg African, Hebrew and Folk songs), Pop songs, Contemporary and Classical choral repertoire.
- Group singing helps children develop greater listening skills and build confidence and self-esteem.
- You will learn to sing harmony and in parts as well inprove your sight-reading skills.
- Being in one of DMEP choirs will give you the chance to meet other singers and make new friends with opportunities to perform in a variety of concerts and in different venues and locations.
- It is a perfect stepping stone into individual voice lessons or, for older children into our Donegal Youth Choir.
- Annual Membership Fee €100.00
Membership to the Donegal Junior Choir is open to children between the ages of 7 and 13 years old and is suitable for young singers at all levels.
We have Junior Choirs meeting regulary in Letterkenny, Dungloe and South Donegal who come together several times a year to form one big Donegal Junior Choir!
Letterkenny- Weekly during term time, Saturday mornings from 11 -12.30, conducted by Triona Sweeney
Donegal Town- weekly during term time, Thursday evenings, conducted by Evan McGarrigle
Dungloe-bi-weekly during term time, Sunday afternoons, conducted by Sara Laughlin.
You can download the application for here or contact the office for further details.