Tuition, tuition, tuition!

The Donegal Music Education Partnership provides quality, after-school, instrumental and vocal tuition on a wide range of instruments in numerous centres across the County.

Individual or Group tuition (a maximum of three in a group) is offered on a range of instruments.

The tuition calendar follows the school academic year and consists of 30 weeks tuition from September to May.

Here’s our 2017-18 tuition calendar (it follows the school year basically) –

Download (PDF, 260KB)

ISME Glasgow - Music Generation (Ire) group with tutors 1

RIGHT – (bit ancient but they’d all be upset if we took it down, we just know. There’s been a very successful Soundwaves III in 2017 so update on the way!) The talented bunch of Donegal and Sligo musicians who were Young Ambassadors for Music Generation at the world conference of the International Society for Music Education. The conference took place in Glasgow in July 2016. Those in this pic who don’t look quite so young could well be members of the Wall2Wall Music team who worked with the Ambassadors ūüôā And the performance by the group in the National Piping Centre in Glasgow was described by Rosaleen Molloy, national director of Music Generation, as ‘world class’.)

The standard duration of the weekly lesson is 30 minutes although those students preparing for practical exams are encouraged to take 45 ‚Äď 60 minute lessons once they reach the standard of Grade 5 and above.

Tuition Fee Payment Options:

Tuition Fees are payable in four instalments over the course of the year by any of the following methods.

 

  1. Online using your Debit or Credit Card¬† (click on the ‘Pay Online’ button)
  2. By phone Рcall us on 07491 76293 and use your debit or credit card
  3. By cheque, postal order or bank draft made payable to ‚ÄėDonegal ETB‚Äô
  4. By cash, only in the DMEP office in Letterkenny

Contact us if you’d like to set up a direct debit. It makes life a lot easier!

Please note 30% of your annual tuition fee is payable in the first instalment with the remaining 70% of the fee divided remaining three instalments – 24%, 23%, 23% respectively. Fees can of course be paid in full, or you can pay more than one instalment at a time. Go to ‘Pay Online’ and tick the boxes.

¬†Payment Due Dates for 2017-18 tbc. Fees may be reviewed. Here are last year’s dates and fees – ¬†

Friday 2nd¬†September 2016 ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† 1st instalment of fee due¬† ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† IND.: ‚ā¨129.6 / GROUP: ‚ā¨70.20

Friday 4th¬†November 2016 ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† 2nd instalment of fee due ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† IND.: ‚ā¨103.68¬† / GROUP: ‚ā¨56.16

Friday 6th¬†January 2017 ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† 3rd instalment of fee due ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† IND.: ‚ā¨99.36¬† / GROUP: ‚ā¨53.82

Friday 3rd¬†March 2017 ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† 4th instalment of fee due ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† IND.: ‚ā¨99.36 / GROUP: ‚ā¨53.82

While the service is primarily aimed at children (7+) and young people, tuition is also available to adults. We also provide a pre-instrumental programme for ages 4+.

We also have an excellent instrument hire service. The hire fee is also payable in instalments. Click on our ‘instrument hire’ page.

What we teach 

Here’s a¬†list of what instruments we cater for –

Guitar Family

Acoustic Guitar

Electric Guitar

Bass Guitar

Banjo, Mandolin, UkuleleSoundwaves II 3 (2)

String Family       

Violin

Viola

Cello

Double Bass

Brass Family

Trumpet

Trombone

Horn, Cornet, Tuba, Eb Horn

Percussion family (can be noisy!)

Drums

Orchestral

Percussion

Miscellaneous 

Keyboard

Piano

Voice & Choir

Please click here for our tuition terms and conditions. You’ll need to sign this form and bring it with you to the first lesson.